A member of the Trio Anka since 2012, Ayhan Uştuk is a winner of several important international voice competitions, including Angelica Catalani, Giuseppe di Stefano, and Iris Adami Corradetti competitions in Italy.
Uştuk studied music and voice first with Professor Müfit Bayrasa at the Izmir State Conservatory and later continued his graduate studies with Professor Mustafa Yurdakul at the Bilkent University Music and Performing Arts School. He graduated from Bilkent summa cum laude in 1990.
He has also won a scholarship to study at the Accademia D'Arte Lirica di Osimo in Italy for four years. During this period, he had the opportunity of studying with leading teachers, such as Segio Segalini, Rodolfo Cellett, Antonio Tonini, Mario Melani, and Alberto Zedda. He has performed in concerts and operas in most of the important European opera houses and festivals:
- Belcanto Festival Dordrecht (The Netherlands)
- Wexford Festival Opera (Ireland)
- La Messa di Gloria by G. Puccini with Bellini Orchestra and Choir (Ancona, Italy)
- Festival della Valle d'Itria (Martina Franca, Italy)
- Rossini Opera Festival (Pesaro, Italy)
Uştuk has been holding a soloist position in the Ankara State Opera and Ballet since 1995.